News

Rod Stewart plotting reunion tour with Wood and Beck

Rod Stewart plotting reunion tour with Wood and Beck

Photo: WENN/Carrie Devorah

Rod Stewart is plotting an ambitious double reunion tour that will incorporate the hits of his former bands the Faces and the Jeff Beck Group.

The rocker has held out on a full Faces reunion tour for years because the timing has never been right for him and old pal Ronnie Wood, but now he’s interested in getting the band back together alongside guitar great Beck.

He tells Billboard.com, “Two of us (Stewart and Wood) are in both bands, so we could do half the show with The Faces, half with Jeff Beck.”

His thinking comes as he, Beck and Wood prepare to celebrate the 45th anniversary of the first Jeff Beck Group album, Truth, but he admits the double reunion is an ambitious plan because Beck is still upset with him over a failed blues album project.

Stewart adds, “Whether Jeff would want to do it, there’s two chances – slim and none. When Jeff’s angry at you, he stays angry for a long time. We were going to do a blues album… but we couldn’t agree on a great many things. I sent him a Christmas card, or emailed him a Christmas card, the year before last and never heard anything back.

“I think there’s more a chance of the Faces doing something, but that has to wait ’til we know the Stones are finished.” Stewart has always maintained he won’t tour with the Faces until Wood’s gig as a guitarist in the Rolling Stones is over.

Tired of waiting for his frontman, Wood drafted in former Simply Red star Mick Hucknall to front the reformed Faces on a handful of shows from 2009 to 2012. These included the band’s performance at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame when the Faces and The Small Faces were inducted in April, 2012.

Recent Headlines

in Entertainment

Today in entertainment history: July 29

benjerrys

A look back at the Hollywood headlines that went down in history.

in Sports

Judge OKs record-setting $2B sale of Clippers

Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling, center, and V. Stiviano, left, watch the Clippers play the Los Angeles Lakers during an NBA preseason basketball game in Los Angeles on Monday, Dec. 19, 2011. NBA spokesman Mike Bass said in a statement Saturday, April 26, 2014, that the league is in the process of authenticating the validity of the recording posted on TMZ's website. Bass called the comments "disturbing and offensive."

A judge has ruled against Clippers owner Donald Sterling and cleared the way for the $2 billion sale of the team to Steve Ballmer.

in Music

Glen Matlock denies new Sex Pistols reunion

John Lydon, right, and Glen Matlock of The Sex Pistols perform at the Roxy in West Hollywood, Calif., on Thursday, Oct. 25, 2007.

Sex Pistols star Glen Matlock dashes fans' hopes of another reunion by insisting he hasn't had any contact with John Lydon in five years.

in Music

Aretha Franklin storms out of fast food joint

FILE - In this May 11, 2013 file photo, Aretha Franklin performs during McDonald's Gospelfest 2013 at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.Franklin won’t say what has caused her latest health problems, but says she’s had a “miraculous” recovery and is looking forward to performing soon.In a phone interview on Tuesday, Aug. 20, Franklin said that she recently had a cat scan and that it showed she was 85 percent improved. The 71-year-old has canceled several concerts and public appearances and blamed it on unspecified treatment.

Aretha Franklin stormed out a Johnny Rockets in Ontario, Canada last week after a nasty encounter with a rude employee.

in Sports

Byron Scott to lead Lakers…or will he?

FILE - In this April 17, 2013, file photo, then-Cleveland Cavaliers coach Byron Scott watches an NBA basketball game in Charlotte, N.C. Scott said this weekend that he has been hired by the Los Angeles Lakers, but the club insisted Sunday, July 27, 2014, that no deal has been reached. Scott, who won three NBA titles as a shooting guard for the Lakers, told KCBS-TV he will take over the club, which hasn't had a coach since Mike D'Antoni resigned April 30.

The club continues to insist that no deal has been reached.

Bellingham Traffic