News

Charlie Hunnam opens up about ‘Fifty Shades’ departure

Charlie Hunnam opens up about ‘Fifty Shades’ departure

NO 'SHADES' FOR HUNNAM: Charlie Hunnam says he is simply too busy to properly prepare for the role. Photo: Associated Press

Charlie Hunnam has opened up about his shocking departure from the lead role in the highly-anticipated “Fifty Shades of Grey” film.

Earlier this month, Universal Pictures executives announced the “Sons of Anarchy” star would not be part of the best-selling novel’s film adaptation, stating, “The filmmakers of ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ and Charlie Hunnam have agreed to find another male lead given Hunnam’s immersive TV schedule which is not allowing him time to adequately prepare for the role of Christian Grey.”

PHOTOS: Cast of ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’

Now Hunnam has broken his silence over the casting announcement, telling “E! News” he is focused on spending his time and energy on his TV series and his family.

He explains, “I am doing good. I am just really concentrating on work. It’s been a really busy time. I have had some family stuff going on so just trying to stay focused and stay positive and keep trying to do a good job at work and be with my family and stay positive.”

Hunnam, whose father passed away in May, is currently filming the sixth season of the motorcycle drama, and will be shooting a new Guillermo del Toro film after the show wraps.

Recent Headlines

yesterday in Sports

Wildcats G James Young to enter NBA draft

Updated
kentucky james young cut

Young helped Kentucky reach the final before it lost 60-54 to Connecticut last week. He averaged 14.3 points.

yesterday in Sports

Montreal team signs Chad Johnson to 2-year contract

This undated photo provided by the Broward Sheriff's Office shows Miami Dolphins wide receiver Chad Johnson. A judge has set bond at $2,500 for Johnson, who is being held in a Florida jail on a domestic violence charge after his wife accused him of head-butting her during an argument. Johnson's defense attorney, Adam Swickle, says Johnson posted the bond early Sunday, Aug. 12, 2012, though jail records show he had not yet been released. Swickle says a no-contact order has been issued that prevents Johnson from contacting his wife, Evelyn Lozada.

The former Pro Bowler last appeared in an NFL game during the 2011 season with New England.

yesterday in Entertainment

REVIEW: Cast keeps ‘Heaven Is for Real’ grounded

This image released by Sony Pictures shows Connor Corum, left, and Greg Kinnear in a scene from "Heaven Is For Real."

Based on the true story described in the best-selling book, the film introduces us to a four year old boy who says he went to heaven.

yesterday in Music

Listen to Soundgarden’s ‘Black Hole Sun’ demo

soundgarden

Ahead of the 20th anniversary reissue of "Superunknown," Soundgarden releases the demo version of "Black Hole Sun."

yesterday in Music

Nirvana stars relieved by Hall of Fame finale failure

davegrohl

Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic were just fine with the way the Rock Hall inductions ended.

Bellingham Traffic