News

Recall Roundup: Salads, gliders top the list

Recall Roundup: Salads, gliders top the list

RECALL ROUNDUP: Prepackaged salads are among this week's recalls. Photo: clipart.com

A look at this week’s top recalls.

180K pounds of prepacked salads recalled
A California company is recalling more than 180,000 pounds of prepackaged salads and sandwich wraps containing chicken and ham following an outbreak of E. coli-related illnesses in three states, the U.S. Department of Agriculture said.
The Food and Drug Administration found a cluster of E. coli-related illnesses in California in which patients had reported eating the ready-to-eat salads with grilled chicken. Since then, 26 patients have been identified in California, Arizona and Washington state.
The USDA said the salads and wraps were produced between Sept. 23 and Nov. 6 by Glass Onion Catering of Richmond, California, and intended for sale in eight states. Some of the food was packaged under the name Atherstone Fine Foods.
The USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service and the FDA were investigating the source of the E. coli contamination, which the USDA said was uncommon in poultry products. Consumers were told to destroy any product they had on hand.
The bacterium blamed for the illnesses, E. coli O157:H7, can cause dehydration, bloody diarrhea and abdominal cramps and, in the most severe cases, kidney failure. The USDA advised people who experience these symptoms to seek emergency medical care immediately.

Hundreds of infant cradle gliders recalled
Dream On Me Inc. is recalling hundreds of its Lullaby Cradle Gliders sold through nationwide retailers including Walmart and Toys R Us. At least two infants who were in the gliders when a support board under the mattress came loose, causing a fall hazard. Owners should call the company for a free repair kit.

Violation of federal standards prompts pajama recall
More than 1,000 sets of children’s pajamas are being recalled by BabyCottons for failing to meet minimum standards for flammability. Consumers should contact the company for a full refund and stop using the product immediately.

Wooden bunk beds recalled for guardrail problem
Wood Castle Furniture is recalling a model of its wooden bunk beds for a problem with the guardrails. No injuries have been reported. The beds were sold nationwide and cost up to $1,700. Consumers should stop using them immediately and contact the company for a free repair.

Recent Headlines

in Sports

Saturday’s NHL Playoff Results

FILE - In this file photo taken Sept. 17, 2012, the NHL logo is seen on a goal at a Nashville Predators practice rink in Nashville, Tenn. The NHL eliminated 16 more days from the regular-season schedule Monday, Dec. 10, 2012, and if a deal with the players' association isn't reached soon the whole season could be lost. The league wiped out all games through Dec. 30 in its latest round of cancellations. Negotiations between the league and the players' association broke off last week, but NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said Sunday the sides are trying to restart talks this week.

Lightning rebound to even series against Red Wings Tampa Bay’s Ben Bishop stopped 24 shots for his first NHL playoff…

in Sports

NBA Playoffs: Warriors survive scare, Wizards beat Raptors in OT, Bulls decisive over Bucks, Rockets beat Mavs

Golden State Warriors shooting guard Stephen Curry gestures against the Los Angeles Clippers during the first quarter of Game 6 of an opening-round NBA basketball playoff series in Oakland, Calif., Thursday, May 1, 2014.

Stephen Curry scored 34 points with an MVP-worthy performance, and the Golden State went up big before holding off New Orleans.

in Sports

NHL player Jarret Stoll arrested in Las Vegas

File Photo: Jarret Stoll at the 2014 ESPY's. 
Credit: FayesVision/WENN.com

The two-time Stanley Cup winner was arrested Friday for suspected cocaine possession at the MGM Grand Hotel's Wet Republic pool complex.

in Entertainment

This weekend in entertainment history

roseanne

A walk down Hollywood's memory lane.

in Sports

Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar has bypass surgery

FILE - This April 1, 2014, file photo shows former Los Angeles Lakers player Kareem Abdul-Jabbar at an NBA basketball ball game in Los Angeles. Abdul-Jabbar is recovering after undergoing quadruple coronary bypass surgery. A hospital statement on Friday, April 17, 2015 says Abdul-Jabbar had the surgery on Thursday at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. The doctor who performed the surgery, says the 68-year-old former NBA and UCLA star is expected to make a full recovery.

Basketball Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is recovering after undergoing quadruple coronary bypass surgery.

Bellingham Traffic