News

Doctors say George faces long rehab process

Doctors say George faces long rehab process

File - Indiana Pacers' Roy Hibbert (55) and Paul George celebrate during the second half of Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals NBA basketball playoff series, Sunday, May 18, 2014, in Indianapolis. Indiana defeated Miami 107-96. Photo: Associated Press/AP Photo/Darron Cummings

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Paul George’s recovery from a gruesome right leg injury could take a year or more, doctors say.

The 24-year-old Indiana Pacers star has already undergone surgery on his broken leg, and doctors in Las Vegas said George was resting comfortably Saturday morning. Dr. James Gladstone, an orthopedic surgeon who is not treating George, called that a good sign.

In a statement, Pacers president of basketball operations Larry Bird said the team would not establish a time table for George’s return to the court, though he said the Pacers hoped George would return to Indy next week.

Gladstone said athletes with this type of injury normally take nine to 12 months to recover, though another doctor said it could take George up to 18 months to completely regain his form.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Recent Headlines

in Entertainment

Tracy Morgan settles suit with Walmart over fatal crash

tracymorgan

The "SNL" star sued the retail giant over a semi crash that killed one man and left Morgan and two friends seriously injured.

in Viral Videos

Baby goat doesn’t care about dog’s nap

12-overlay3

Keep on keepin' on, goat. We like your style.

in Sports

French Open: Sharapova and Federer advance while Halep exits

Fresh
Russia's Maria Sharapova returns the ball to compatriot Vitalia Diatchenko during their second round match of the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium, Wednesday, May 27, 2015 in Paris. Sharapova won 6-3, 6-1.

Simona Halep became the highest seeded player to exit the French Open so far while the two second-seeds Roger Federer and Maria Sharapova advanced.

in Sports

Ex-FIFA vice president Warner arrested, freed on $2.5M bail

Fresh
FILE - In this Thursday, June 2, 2011 file photo, suspended FIFA executive Jack Warner gestures during a news conference held shortly after his arrival at the airport in Port-of-Spain, in his native Trinidad and Tobago. Organizers of the 2022 World Cup in Qatar have distanced themselves from fresh allegations of corruption surrounding the Gulf nation's winning bid for the tournament in 2010. The Tuesday March 18, 2014 edition of British newspaper The Daily Telegraph alleges it has evidence that former FIFA vice president Jack Warner and his family were paid almost $2 million from a company controlled by Mohamed Bin Hammam, a Qatari who used to be an executive committee member of world football's governing body.

Former FIFA vice president Jack Warner turned himself in to Trinidad police shortly after they issued an arrest warrant at the request of U.S. authorities.

in Entertainment

LiLo is (finally) finishing her community service

lindsaylohan

The "Mean Girls" star had to log 125 hours before May 28 after a judge rejected her previous effort.

Bellingham Traffic