News

Apartment fire displaces Bellingham family

Apartment fire displaces Bellingham family

Photo: KGMI

KGMI News Reporting
By Joe Teehan

BELLINGHAM, Wash. – A fire badly damaged an apartment and displaced a Bellingham family over the weekend.

The fire broke out in the kitchen of a unit in the Brookside Apartments on Woburn on Saturday after a stove burner was left on too long.

No one was in the apartment at the time of the fire.

The father told KGMI that he didn’t know there was a fire until he opened the apartment door and found it filled with black smoke.

The family cat had to be treated with oxygen, but is otherwise fine.

No one else was injured.

 

The Mount Baker Chapter of the American Red Cross is providing the family with shelter and supplies.

 

Recent Headlines

in Entertainment

Today in entertainment history: Jan. 30

beatles

A look back on some of Hollywood's biggest headlines.

in Sports

Cheapest Super Bowl XLIX tickets more than $8K

A woman takes a photo of Roman numerals for Super Bowl XLIX Wednesday, Jan. 28, 2015, in downtown Phoenix. The New England Patriots face the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XLIX on Sunday in Glendale, Ariz.

For the past few years, the Super Bowl has become a lucrative business for ticket brokers

in Entertainment, Sports

Dominos delivery guy crashes Legion of Boom photo shoot

lob

For a 20-year-old pizza shop employee, this was 10 of the best minutes of his life.

in Viral Videos

Babies going through tunnels

11-overlay6

You have to see these kids react to the magic of underground transportation.

Bellingham Traffic